About PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-Channel Mix Production DAW Controller
Don’t kill that mouse—give it a companion
Although a keyboard and mouse are tried-and-true DAW-control devices, they’re far more effective when used in tandem with the FaderPort™ 8’s precise tactile control over mix and automation functions. With 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 65 buttons covering 78 different functions, you can quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger. With the FaderPort 8, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced.
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-channel mix production DAW controller augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-channel mix production DAW controller will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
One-button access to key functions.*
The FaderPort 8’s unique Session Navigator provides easy access to eight mission-critical functions for maximum flexibility. Use the large encoder button and companion buttons to edit and mix with greater efficiency and speed. Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons; zoom in and out on the timeline with the encoder and make your tracks larger or smaller with the arrow buttons; navigate and drop markers; and maintain constant control of your main level. Once you start using the Session Navigator, you’ll wonder how you mixed without it.
* Features may vary depending on your software.
Universal compatibility and tight Studio One® integration.
FaderPort 8’s streamlined workflow and support for the Mackie Control and HUI protocols make it fast and easy to control virtually any DAW. No driver installation is necessary; just plug the control surface into a USB port and take command of your mix and plug-ins.
But the FaderPort 8 is downright magical when used with PreSonus Studio One. (Studio One Artist is included.) You’ll be amazed how much faster you can work.
An amazingly fast, efficient studio workflow awaits you!
With the compact, easy-to-use PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-channel mix production DAW controller, you’ll enjoy the fastest, most efficient workflow you’ve ever experienced. But don’t just take our word for it; visit your favorite PreSonus dealer and try the FaderPort 8 for yourself!
PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-Channel Mix Production DAW Controller Features:
- 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker Next / Prev Marker Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo / Redo, All Arm, Solo / Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On / Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation *
- Footswitch input for hands-free start / stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
* Please check the Tech Specs for full OS compatibility details.
Features may vary depending on your software.
PreSonus FaderPort 8 8-Channel Mix Production DAW Controller Specifications:
- macOS® 10.8.5 or higher
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- Windows 10 x64/x86, Windows 8.1 x64/x86, Windows 7 x64/x86 SP1 + platform update
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD® Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- FaderPort 8 firmware 1.0.1 or later (requires Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control v.1.8.3 (for firmware updates)
PreSonus FaderPort 8 has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
- Native Mode
- PreSonus® Studio One® 3.3.2 or later
- HUI Emulation
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation*
- Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and Ableton
*Users of third-party DAWs not listed that support the Mackie Control protocol, such as Reason, Bitwig Studio, and Reaper, should contact their DAW vendor for support.
As a commitment to constant improvement, PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc., reserves the right to change any specification stated herein, at any time, without notification.
Note: A firmware update is currently required for full functionality. Please download and install Universal Control version 1.8.3 or later and run the firmware updater when prompted. See the FaderPort 8 Owner’s Manual for instructions.
Input / Output
|1 USB 2.0 port|
|1 Footswitch jack for hands-free stop/start|
|8 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized faders|
|Dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation|
|Ultra-smooth feel and lightning fast|
|Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps|
Buttons and Knobs
|General Controls||Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Timecode, Track Management, Click On/Off, 4 programmable User buttons, 8 Function buttons, Macro, Parameter Link, Bypass Plug-ins|
|Channel Controls||Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Select, Rec Arm|
|Automation Controls||Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off|
|Optional Fader Functionality||Plug-in Edit, Bus Sends, Pan|
|Window View||Mix, Project, Transport, Undo|
|Transport||Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop, Return to Zero (Functionality varies slightly depending on the DAW.)|
|Navigation||Track Scroll, Channel Banking, Timeline Scroll, Horizontal Zoom, Vertical Zoom, Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event, Nudge|
|Console Management||Show/Hide: Audio Tracks, Inputs, MIDI Tracks, Buses, Outputs, VCAs, FX; Show All|
|Displays||8 digital scribble strip displays, timecode display, channel meters|
|12 VDC, 2A external power supply|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.