About QSC CX168 130-Watt Eight-Channel Low-Z Power Amplifier
Designed for permanently installed sound systems where rackspace is at a premium, QSC’s CX108V and CX168 provide unprecedented levels of channel density for multichannel amplifiers. The CX108V and QSC CX168 130-watt eight-channel low-z power amplifier provide 100 watts per channel at 70 volts and 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms respectively. With both models, each pair of channels may be bridged to configure these amplifiers as 4, 5, 6 or 7 channel units. Like the entire CX Series, the 8 channel models feature DataPorts for remote amplifier management or signal processing, incorporate QSC’s legendary PowerLight™ technology, and deliver our unmatched reputation for quality and reliability.
QSC’s PowerLight technology takes your audio to an entirely new level. Delivering tighter bass and clean, transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability, and eliminates unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails over 200,000 times per second through an ultra-low noise impedance circuit. Unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
- Active Inrush Limiting gently brings amplifiers on-line eliminating the need for costly AC power sequencers.
- Front-panel gain controls with1 dB detents allow for precise level adjustment and are protected by tamper-proof security covers.
- DataPort connections enable remote control and monitoring of amplifier functions via Q-SYS™.
- Selectable clip limiters and infra-sonic filters protect loudspeakers from damage due to distortion and over-excursion.
- DataPort or Block Connector Inputs and Block Connector Outputs.
- Sleep (Standby) Mode for energy saving efficiency.
- Transformer-less 70 volt model available (CX108V).