About Turbosound PRAGUE TPZ153/64 15inch Powered Loudspeaker
The 3-way full range TPZ153/64 is a switchable bi-amp/tri-amp 15″ 3,400 Watt arrayable loudspeaker system that is ideally suited for a wide range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications. The TPZ153/64 is designed to work in conjunction with TURBOSOUND loudspeaker management systems, providing optimal FOH performance, as well as offering considerable flexibility to readily adapt to varying venue requirements.
The TPZ153/64 arrayable loudspeaker features a carbon fibre loaded 15″ low frequency driver with an inside/outside wound low mass voice coil for improved transient response, a carbon fibre loaded 8″ high sensitivity mid range driver, and a titanium dome 1.4″ neodymium motor high frequency compression driver mounted on a rotatable 60° horizontal by 40° vertical waveguide. The mid range and high frequency drivers are matched with an internal passive crossover network in a reflex-loaded enclosure, and bi-amp or tri-amp mode can be enabled by means of a rear panel switch.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 15 mm (5⁄8″) birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Internal M10 threaded rigging points are provided for suspension in any orientation, or mounting with dedicated brackets – available separately. The TPZ153-FK fly kit is also available for suspension of three TPZ153 enclosures with array angles ranging from 50 – 90° in 5° increments. The rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
- The speaker shall be of the full range, three-way switchable bi-amp/tri-amp type consisting of one 15″ (394 mm) LF driver, one 8″ (200 mm) MF driver, and one 1.4″ (36 mm) HF compression driver.
- Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 45 Hz to 20 kHz and within -10 dB from 38 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Nominal dispersion, at -6 dB points, shall average 60° H x 40° V, rotatable.
- Nominal impedance in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 6 Ohms, MF: 8 Ohms, LF: 8 Ohms.
- Nominal impedance in bi-amp mode shall be: MF/HF 8 Ohms, LF 8 Ohms.
- Power handling in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 75 Watts continuous, 300 Watts peak, MF: 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak, LF: 650 Watts continuous, 2,600 Watts peak.
- Power handling in bi-amp mode shall be: MF/HF: 200 Watts continuous, 800 Watts peak, LF: 650 Watts continuous, 2,600 Watts peak.
- Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, 1 Watt @ 1 metre, shall be HF: 109 dB, MF: 107 dB, LF: 97 dB.
- Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, in tri-amp mode shall be: HF: 134 dB, MF: 136 dB, LF: 131 dB; in bi-amp mode: MF/HF 134 dB, LF: 131 dB.
- Dimensions: 967 mm high x 559 mm wide x 656 mm deep (38.0″ x 22.0″ x 25.8″).
- Net weight: 43.3 kg (95 lbs).
- The loudspeaker system shall be the TURBOSOUND TPZ153/64.
- No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.