About Turbosound ATHENS TCS218B-R 18inch Passive Subwoofer
Weather resistant for outdoor use to IP54, the 6,400-Watt TCS218B-R is a front loaded dual 18″ subwoofer system designed for a wide range of fixed installation and portable PA applications. Engineered to work in conjunction with TURBOSOUND loudspeaker management systems, the TCS218B-R provides optimal low frequency reinforcement when used in conjunction with all TCS Series loudspeakers.
A bass reflex port design enclosure, with two high power, double suspension 18″ low frequency drivers that utilize a specialised voice coil wound on both the inside and outside of the coil former for higher magnetic density, better heat dissipation, higher power handling capacity, and improved efficiency. The TCS218B-R provides fast and accurate transient response for virtually distortion-free operation – even in your most demanding performances.
Finished in a highly durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (¾”) birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Internal M10 threaded rigging points are provided and connectivity is provided in the form of a captive cable tail, which enters the cabinet by means of a sealed cable gland on an aluminium panel.
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
- The loudspeaker shall be of the passive subwoofer type, consisting of two 18″ (460 mm) LF drivers, in parallel or discrete operation.
- The loudspeaker shall be weather resistant for outdoor use, to rating standard IP54.
- Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 33 Hz to 200 Hz and within -10 dB from 27 Hz to 200 Hz.
- Nominal dispersion shall be “half space.”
- Nominal impedance shall be LF parallel: 4 Ohms, LF discrete: 8 Ohms x 2. Power handling shall be 1600 Watts continuous, 6,400 Watts peak.
- Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 99 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 metre. Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be 137 dB.
- Dimensions: 710 mm high x 1130 mm wide x 730 mm deep (28.0″ x 44.5″ x 28.8″).
- Net weight: 94 kg (207.2 lbs).
- The loudspeaker system shall be the TURBOSOUND TCS218B-R.
- No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.