About Turbosound ATHENS TCS218B 18inch Passive Subwoofer
The 6,400-Watt TCS218B is a high performance dual 18″ subwoofer system designed for a wide range of speech and music sound reinforcement applications. Engineered to work in conjunction with TURBOSOUND loudspeaker management systems, the TCS218B provides extended FOH low frequency performance.
A bass reflex port design enclosure, the TCS218B features two high power, double suspension 18″ low frequency drivers with a specialised voice coil wound on both the inside and outside of the coil former for higher magnetic density, heat dissipation, higher power handling capacity, and improved efficiency. The TCS218B subwoofer provides fast and accurate transient response for virtually distortion-free operation – even in the most demanding performances.
Finished in a durable semi matt black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 18 mm (¾”) birch plywood – and includes a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam. Internal M10 threaded rigging points are provided, and the rear panel connector plate carries Neutrik speakON* NL4 and barrier strip connectors for input and link connections to additional enclosures.
Architecture & Engineering Specifications
- The speaker shall be of the passive subwoofer type consisting of two 18″ (460 mm) LF drivers, switchable to parallel or discrete operation.
- Performance specifications of a typical production unit shall meet or exceed the following: frequency response, measured with swept sine wave input, shall be flat within ±3 dB from 33 Hz to 200 Hz and within -10 dB from 27 Hz to 200 Hz.
- Nominal dispersion shall be “half space.”
- Nominal impedance shall be LF parallel: 4 Ohms, LF discrete: 8 Ohms x 2.
- Power handling shall be 1600 Watts continuous, 6,400 Watts peak. Sensitivity, measured on axis, mean averaged over stated bandwidth, shall be 99 dB, 1 Watt @ 1 metre.
- Maximum SPL (peak), measured at 1 metre with music program at stated amplifier input, shall be 137 dB.
- Dimensions: 710 mm high x 1130 mm wide x 730 mm deep (28.0″ x 44.5″ x 28.8″).
- Net weight: 93.5 kg (205.7 lbs).
- The loudspeaker system shall be the TURBOSOUND TCS218B.
- No other loudspeaker shall be acceptable unless submitted data from an independent test laboratory verifies that the above combined performance / size specifications are equaled or exceeded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.